Comox Valley / Campbell River & District Division of Family Practice
The Campbell River & District and Comox Valley Divisions of Family Practice are looking for a part-time, experienced administrator(s) who is detail oriented and has strong interpersonal skills, to assist in the development and maintenance of Pathways, an online tool used for referring patients to specialists and specialty clinics.
• Work with specialist offices & clinics to gather/ maintain needed referral information for Pathways. This will require sending letters, faxes, phone calls and occasional office visits.
• Enter data into Pathways.
• Participate in team meetings.
• Other duties as agreed to by the Contractor.
The hours/ week will be variable. Much of the work to be done during normal office hours in order to facilitate connecting with specialist offices and clinics. During the implementation phase it is anticipated that the weekly hours will be from 10-25 (may be divided between two people) over approximately a 3 month period. Once implementation is complete, it is anticipated that 8 hours per week will be required.
• Home based; will require access to a phone, computer and printer/fax machine.
• Access to a car needed to drive to meetings and meet with specialists and clinics in the community.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Specialist MOA experience preferred
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent communicator
• Detail oriented and well organized
• Comfortable working in an independent, self-directed manner
• Team player
• Ability to be persistent in following up with unresponsive stakeholders
• Comfortable using technology e.g., MS Word, Excel and internet.
• Experience working with physician community in Comox Valley and Campbell River an asset.