NI Crisis and Counselling Centre
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Coordinator is responsible for programming, hiring and management of staff, budget management and day-to-day operations of an after school activities-based program for children and youth with special needs. The program provides the opportunities for socialization, engagement in community outings, recreational activities, and learning basic life skills. The primary work place is in Port Hardy with plans to offer service in Port McNeill in the near future.
As a member of our multi-services agency team, this 35 hour per week position has a salary of $40,040 ($22.00 per hour) and will receive an excellent benefits package after 3 months (Dental, extended health, 3 weeks paid annual vacation).
Qualifications & Experience:
The successful applicant will have demonstrated practical experience:
• hiring and management of staff,
• budget management
• working with children, youth and their families.
• working with families to set developmental goals for their children, monitoring and evaluating progress towards these goals is an asset.
• excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
• strong computer skills
• valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle required for work with winter tires from Oct 1 – March 31
Preferred qualifications include post-secondary training in ECE and/or children and youth with special needs. An acceptable combination of experience and education will be considered.