CARECORP Seniors Services
CareCorp Seniors Services is a contracted services provider to the senior care community in complex care and assisted living settings, providing services including nursing, personal care & support, recreation, professional therapies, food services, housekeeping, laundry and maintenance.
Location: New Horizons in Campbell River, BC
Interviews will be conducted in Vancouver & Campbell River.
• Performs assessments, plan, implement, evaluate and provide personal and nursing care to residents, including medication administration
• Assess and monitors resident and family's actual and potential strengths and limitations including physiological, psychological, socio-cultural, and spiritual needs
• Based on the assessments, contribute to the development and ongoing changes to the individualized plan of care, including attending and providing input into multidisciplinary care planning meeting and family conferences
• Administer oral, transdermal, intramuscular and subcutaneous medications including PRN medication in accordance with organizational and pharmaceutical policies and procedures.
• Provide work direction by assigning and/or delegating tasks, demonstrates work routines, and oversees the orientation of new staff
• Provide regular nutrition via gastric tube for designated residents• Perform nursing procedures and interventions and monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of the procedures and interventions.
• Maintain a safe environment for resident, significant others and staff by adhering to established health and safety policies, standards and procedures including emergency procedures and infection control guidelines. Reports unsafe conditions and malfunctioning equipment and assists in accident investigation when applicable.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the Care Manager.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Graduate of recognized school of nursing
• Certificate of Geriatric Nursing (or previous experience) an asset
• Current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC) or College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of BC (CRPNBC)
• Current CPR and First Aid certification.