JOB OVERVIEW: The Night Auditor verifies all account postings/balances made during the day and posts adjustments and corrections as needed on both Squirrel and Roomkey. The Night Auditor also functions as a front desk agent in all respects including guest check-in and check-out, switchboard operation, reservation processing and the handling of cash and credit transactions. This position’s responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
• Count cash drawers and petty cash floats.
• Complete file maintenance, back up and end-of-day processing of Squirrel Host and Resort Network computers in a timely manner
• Produce and distribute daily revenue and other reports as required.
• Communicate and review all necessary information in log books and memos.
• Guest Room Audit and completion of room/package auto-posting.
• Telephone charge accounting including checking wake-up calls.
• Squirrel shutdown, back up and printing of revenue and other reports. Auditing of all server cash-outs, making adjustments and corrections as necessary.
• Balance all departments on Inn Control including resort cross charges.
• Credit and debit card balancing and posting of charges to network for Squirrel and Inn Control.
• Computer System maintenance including backing-up network files, processing Inn Control end-of-day and starting Squirrel new day.
• Data entry of departmental sales and payment figures from Squirrel reports into Inn Control Revenue Department Reports.
• Print all requested in-house reports and preparation of accounting audit bundle.
• Review guest and group accounts with particular emphasis on accounts leaving the resort the following day.
• Complete month-end procedures including printing month-end reports and closing out in-house accounts.
• All responsibilities as detailed in the front desk clerk job description including gift shop sales and service.
• Assume a principal role in maintaining resort and guest safety and security during hours when there is minimal staffing.
• Resolve guest enquiries and problems efficiently and courteously.
• Perform other duties and tasks requested by the Front Office Manager and/or the Operations Manager.
Qualifications & Experience:
Education and Technical Skills:
Grade 12 education or equivalent
Clerical background or training including switchboard operation and handling of cash
Excellent customer service skills.
Excellent communications and conflict resolution skills.
Analytical and mathematical proficiency.
Previous night auditor experience as asset
Hotel property management operating system experience (Roomkey / Squirrel preferred)