We are looking for a Registration Assistant for the Mount Waddington Campus.
Reporting to the Assistant Registrar and working as a key member of the Student Services team, the Registration Assistant contributes to the highest level of service to the general public, staff, faculty and students of North Island College. The Registration Assistant is responsible for relaying accurate information in person, by telephone or electronically to prospective students and the general public, and ensures the smooth and efficient processing of student registrations at North Island College. The Registration Assistant is aware of the Mission and Values of North Island College, incorporating and practicing the values in everything they do.
Job Knowledge; Judgment; Teamwork; Planning & Organization; Customer Service Excellence; Communication & Interpersonal Skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Performs all registration duties, including providing information and guidance to new and current students, in person, by phone or electronically.
2. Reviews student course selection, registers and enters supporting documentation. Data entry of student applications, and other related documents as required.
3. Works closely with the Enrollment Services Officer and the Assistant Registrar, to ensure an accessible and student friendly environment is maintained.
4. Work with the Enrollment Services Officer and the Assistant Registrar to remain informed of registration regulations applied to programs and to ensure these are properly reflected in the College calendar and policies.
5. Work in conjunction with the Enrollment Services Officer and the Assistant Registrar on projects related to Student Services.
6. Report to the Enrollment Services Officer and/ or Assistant Registrar any nonstandard issues as they relate to registration standards and individual student registration.
7. Work proactively to maintain knowledge by various means of internal/ external communications, as well as by regularly reviewing the Business Practice Manual and NIC related policies and procedures.
8. Monitor functions such as section waitlist, course pre-requisite and no-shows during and at the end of the registration cycle, and take appropriate action with each student's Colleague record.
9. Participates in Graduation and Orientation as required.
10. College-wide switchboard duties on the Automated Call Distribution telephone system.
11. May be required to work evenings
12. Executes other duties as assigned by the Assistant Registrar.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to plan and prioritize tasks, and efficiently meet deadlines.
2. A general knowledge of the B.C. post-secondary education system and North Island College programs at all campuses.
3. Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with students and the public.
4. Intermediate level of proficiency and experience in using a large database system; working experience with the Colleague student records database system is required.
5. Ability to pay close attention to detail, and demonstrate a high level of accurate data entry skills.
6. Intermediate level of proficiency with emphasis on MS Office Word; basic knowledge of Excel an asset.
7. Ability to advise students and the public about North Island College's programs and courses.
8. Demonstrated commitment and ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
Start Date: 04-21-2017
Work Schedule: Tues 8:30-4:30; Wed 8:30-12:30; Thurs 8:30-4:30
Paygrade: $22.90 - $24.33
Posting Date: 04-06-2017
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Posting Number: 101421
Qualifications & Experience:
1. A minimum of two years of post-secondary education, preferably with a focus on business or applied business courses.
2. A minimum of two years of experience in a customer service and office environment, preferably in the post -secondary education sector.