The Net Washer will develop and maintain pressure washing processes and procedures to ensure sea site nets remain clean and free of debris. Shifts will be 8-days-on and 6-days-off, with the possibility of occasional overtime shifts as needed.
• Coordinate processes and procedures relating to the maintenance, operation and transportation of mechanized pressure washing equipment.
• Develop, maintain and meet cleaning schedule deadlines while minimizing interruption to farm operations.
• Hands-on mechanical maintenance of pressure washing and other farm equipment.
• Operate boats and lifting equipment (Hiab’s and forklifts) in a marine environment.
Qualifications & Experience:
• 2 or 3 years of aquaculture experience or general work experience with equivalent duties and responsibilities
• Preference will be given to applicants with Engine Mechanic or Aquaculture Certificate/Diploma
• Formal mechanical training or equivalent experience
• Proficient computer skills and strong communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills
• Valid certificates for First Aid 1, WHMIS, Forklift, SVOP, and MED A-3.