Join a well-established, dynamic, youthful team in Courtenay BC and be a part of our growth!
Qualifications & Experience:
The position combines bookkeeping, AR / AP, payroll, office management, and other administrative duties, including supervising office staff and administering the Health and Safety program.
Reports to the General Manager and receives direction related to the financial accounting from corporate office. Primary responsibilities include:
• Overseeing various administrative business functions in the operational office located in Courtenay, BC.
• Directing administrative staff.
• Manage all aspects of day to day accounting functions including:
• Managing accounts receivables and relationships with customers
• Managing accounts payables and relationships with vendors and service providers
• Managing payroll in a unionized environment
• Managing fleet insurance and claims
• Contract administration
• Managing Health and Safety Program administration
Diploma in business administration or combination of education, training and experience with minimum 5+ years of office management experience. Candidates must have:
• Accounting or bookkeeping background
• Strong Microsoft Office software skills, including Word, Outlook and Excel is essential
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; fluency in spoken and written English
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize work
• Strong organizational and planning skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Self-motivated and able to work independently while supporting a team environment
• Strong critical thinking skills
OTHER INCUMBENT ASSETS
The following will be considered assets in fulfilling this position:
• An understanding of logging and forestry practices
• Experience working with individuals at senior levels and providing executive level support
• Knowledge of health and safety policies, procedures, governance and administrative systems
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, planning and analytical skills
• Working knowledge of the USW Collective Agreement
• Willingness to work over-time as required