A&A Trading is currently seeking a motivated and well organized individual to fill the role of Contract Supervisor to work in our Mid Coast / North Coast Operations. The overall objective is to manage camp infrastructure and all activities associated with harvesting, including: supervision of logging, road construction, maintenance and deactivation, completion of EMS and Safety assessments, and productivity audits. Responsibilities to achieve this objective include working with engineering and log supply staff to develop and execute operational plans, ensure compliance and adherence to all statutory requirements, and ensure all activities occur in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Exhibits a level of professionalism that positively represents the company and to demonstrate a strong safety work ethic.
• Minimum 5 years of operational supervision experience within the coastal forest industry
• Self motivated individual possessing excellent communication and interpersonal skills comfortable working in a team based, results oriented environment.
• A valid BC class 5 driver’s license is essential.
• Excellent leadership, communication and project management skills, with the ability to work within a team environment.
• Although not required, machine operating experience is an asset.